Visitors to the Avery Dennison installation at the Design Pavilion in Times Square will have a chance to scan and win!
1. The “Find, Scan, Win” Promotion (“Promotion”), associated with the Design Pavilion at NYCxDesign is open to public attendees of the Design Pavillion at NYCxDesign who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. The Promotion will be conducted May 11, 2018 through May 20, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”). Employees and retailers of Avery Dennison, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Avery Dennison Corporation (“Avery Dennison”, or “Sponsor”), 8080 Norton Parkway, Mentor, OH 44060.
3. How to Enter the Avery Dennison QR Code Contest: For a chance to win a prize, you must register by doing the following (“Registration”):
Participants must scan four QR codes using a smartphone, one for each artist, which will then take them to a website to enter their name and email address, at which point they will be entered into a random drawing to win a $50 gift card. Winners will be contacted on or after May 21, 2018.
By registering, you agree that your Registration conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Registration for any reason, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your Registration fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor.
4. Rules: Participant must Register with Sponsor during the Promotion Period. Participants can only win once.
5. How to win: General Drawing: Prize winners will be chosen at random from all participants who have Registered. All potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
Daily Bonus Opportunity: The first Participant to scan all four QR codes in the correct sequence will win a $100 gift card.the daily bonus opportunity prize. There will be one daily bonus winner per day during the Promotion Period. After a daily bonus winner has been identified, all remaining participants for the day (until 12 p.m.) will be registered for the general drawing prize. The mystery sequence will change daily at 12 p.m.
6. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning any Prize is dependent on the number of participants who are Registered.
7. Prizes: General Drawing: Participants will be entered into a random drawing to win a $50 gift card. General Drawing prizes will be sent to winners after May 21, 2018.
Daily Bonus Opportunity: The first Participant to scan all four QR codes in the correct sequence will win the daily bonus opportunity prize ($100 gift card). There will be one daily bonus winner per day during the Promotion Period. The Daily Bonus Opportunity prize will be awarded daily on site. After a daily bonus winner has been identified, all remaining participants for the day (until 12 p.m.) will be registered for the general drawing prize. The mystery sequence will change daily at 12 p.m.
All potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
7. Release: Participants and winners each agree to release Sponsor and its directors, officers, parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, contractors, agents, representatives, suppliers, printers, application developers, advertising, and promotional agencies (the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Promotion; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any Promotion-related or prize-related activity, or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. The Released Parties are further not liable for damage to an Participant or user’s computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to a Participant’s participation in the Promotion or downloading of information in connection with the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the Promotion in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Promotion becomes technically corrupted.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor and its agents use of winner’s name, prize, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, human error, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Important Disclaimers: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SPONSOR, ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND CONTRACTORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, LIABILITIES, RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN, ARISING BY LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, INFRINGEMENT OR ANY IMPLIED INDEMNITIES. PARTICIPANTS UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE, AND THAT THEY ARE NOT RELYING ON, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS MADE TO PARTICIPANTS REGARDING THE VALUE OF THIS PROMOTION OR THE ODDS OF BEING SELECTED AS A WINNER , OR ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, LACK OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR ANY WEBSITES PERTAINING THERETO. ALL DATA, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND GRAPHICS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION, THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ANY WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS, WHERE-IS" WITHOUT TECHNICAL SUPPORT OF ANY KIND.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR, OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO PARTICIPANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS OR LOST PRIZES) RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE PERFORMANCE OR BREACH OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY SPONSOR, THE USE OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY CONTENT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SPONSOR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR IF THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES STATED HEREIN FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion the capturing or transfer of winner information or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Promotion, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio (Eastern Division) or the appropriate Ohio state court located in Lake County, Ohio; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.